Easter Hams Recipes
March 27, 2015
Rock Bottom Ranch is dedicated to raising the highest quality meat and produce in the most sustainable way. This Easter season, we’re selling sustainably raised hams from a heritage breed pig that was raised at the Ranch according to Animal Welfare Approved standards. All of our animals are raised outdoors with the highest regard for their health and well-being. Order yours by following this link.
Below you’ll find preparation instructions and recipes to enjoy your Rock Bottom Ranch Easter ham! These hams are cured, smoked, and fully cooked – reheating is all that is necessary to enjoy.
- Start your ham early – it is easier to hold warm then to rush to get it done.
- Position your ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan and place in a 350ºF oven until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 140ºF at the thickest part. (Plan on 22-26 minutes per pound, as a rough estimation.)
- If your ham starts to develop more color then your prefer, simply cover with aluminum foil during the heating process.
- Upon reaching 140ºF internal temperature, remove from the oven, cover loosely with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 15-30 minutes.
- If you are serving without a glaze, your ham is ready to slice and enjoy.
Finishing your ham:
Adding a glaze is a traditional preparation and the sweetness compliments the saltiness of the ham. Simply brush on the glaze every 15 minutes for the last 30-45 minutes of the heating process. Use your favorite recipe or one of the simple recipes listed below:
Basic Mustard Glaze
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup Dijon or whole grain mustard
2-tablespoons apple cider, bourbon, or
½ cup maple syrup
2-tablespoons Dijon mustard
1-teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
½ cup honey
2-tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ cup apricot jam
1-tablespoon orange liqueur
½-teaspoon grated ginger
Contact Rock Bottom Ranch Director Jason Smith with any preparation questions for your delicious Easter ham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.927.6760.