Ashcroft Snowshoe Tour
A must-do Aspen experience! Explore winter in Aspen on this half-day snowshoe tour in the beautiful and pristine Castle Creek Valley. Your Naturalist guide will share expertise on animal tracking, valley geology, avalanches, birdlife, winter habitats, and sub-alpine ecology. You will explore the historic Ashcroft ghost town and walk through serene spruce and fir forests and open meadows on your way to a gourmet lunch at the spectacular Pine Creek Cookhouse. Following lunch, you’ll meander through peaceful aspen groves on your return to the King Cabin.
About the Tour
- Offered every day at 10:30AM. Meet at the King Cabin at Ashcroft Ski Touring Center, located 11 miles up Castle Creek Road from the roundabout.
- 3.5 miles round trip, tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Two-person minimum required to run the tour.
- $110 per person includes guide, snowshoe use and trail pass. Lunch at Pine Creek Cookhouse is an additional cost.
- Reservations are required.
- Call ACES at 970.925.5756 during open hours (Monday – Friday, 9AM – 5PM) to book.
- After hours, please dial 0 and leave a detailed message; we will confirm your reservation the next business day.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).
Ashcroft Ghost Town is managed by the Aspen Historical Society.