River Run Sunset Hike
The evening version of our Green World Day Hike, this Naturalist guided adventure will explore the majesty of the Castle Creek valley at sunset. Experience the bustling activity of early evening followed by dinner at Pine Creek Cookhouse while the alpenglow lights up the valley. A must-do Aspen activity!
- Offered daily by reservation (May – September, dependent on Cookhouse opening and closing dates) Note: The Pine Creek Cookhouse is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including dinner)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town at 5pm
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at leisurely pace
- $60 includes the hike (per person).
- Pay separately for a pre-fixe dinner or a la carte at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Two-person minimum (always call in case another group is scheduled).
- Reservations required: please fill out our simple form. If you have questions, call Grayson Bauer at 970.925.5756.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations. If you call after 5pm, your call will be returned by 9am the following business day.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of scheduled tour may be charged 50% of the tour cost. Cancellations made 24-hours prior to or day-of scheduled tour may be charged the full amount of the tour cost.
- Tours led by a certified interpretive Naturalist.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS). Photo by Chris Cohen.