Ashcroft Snowshoe Tour
A must-do Aspen experience! Explore winter in Aspen on this half-day snowshoe tour in the beautiful and pristine Castle Creek Valley. Your Naturalist guide will share expertise on animal tracking, valley geology, avalanches, bird-life, winter habitats, and sub-alpine ecology. You will explore the historic Ashcroft ghost town and walk through serene spruce and fir forests and open meadows on your way to a gourmet lunch at the spectacular Pine Creek Cookhouse (PCCH). Following lunch, you'll meander through peaceful aspen groves on your return to the King Cabin.
About the Tour
- Offered every day at 10:30AM. Meet at the King Cabin at Ashcroft Ski Touring Center, located 11 miles up Castle Creek Road from the round-about.
- 3.5 miles round trip, tours take place on gentle terrain and are held at a leisurely pace.
- Warm boots, winter clothing, sunscreen, and water are strongly recommended.
- Two-person minimum required to run the tour.
- $165 includes a 4-hour guided tour, snowshoe rental and basic instruction, Ashcroft trail pass, and prix fixe lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Holiday rates are $205 per person (December 22 - January 2, January 17, February 14, February 19 - 21).
- If you would not like to eat lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse, tours are $110 per person, and do not include food.
- You may also pay separately for lunch from the Pine Creek Cookhouse lunch menu and/or enjoy drinks from the bar.
- Reservations are required.
- Call ACES at 970.925.5756 during open hours (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM) to book.
- After hours please dial 0 and leave a detailed message - we will confirm your reservation the next business day.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations.
Due to COVID 19, the Pine Creek Cookhouse is at 25% capacity and requires 100% nonrefundable deposit for lunch reservations. Lunch is charged separately and in-advance of snowshoe tour, $80 per person ($120 during holidays, see dates above). Your ACES guide will make the reservation with given credit card information. The remainder (for the guide, tour, equipment rental, and trail pass) will be charged the day of.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).
Topics:Snowshoe and Ski Tours
Daily starting Dec. 13, 10:30am-2:30pm