Green World Day Hike
ACES is currently scheduled to begin tours on Saturday, June 13, 2020. Stay tuned for any updates based on federal, state, and local public health orders.
Join a Naturalist guide to explore the historic silver mining ghost town of Ashcroft and wander up along Castle Creek encountering spectacular wildflower meadows and mountain vistas. This must-do Aspen activity includes a gourmet lunch at the Pine Creek Cookhouse.
- Offered daily by reservation (May – September, dependent on Pine Creek Cookhouse opening and closing dates)
- 3.5 miles round trip (3-5 hours including lunch)
- Meet at the Ashcroft Ghost town at 10:30am
- Trailhead elevation 9,500 ft, Pine Creek Cookhouse 9,800 ft
- Easy/moderate hiking at leisurely pace
- $100 includes hike, lunch, tax, and tip (If ordering a la carte pay separately at the restaurant and the tour is $60)
- Two-person minimum (always call in case another group is scheduled).
- Reservations required: please fill out our simple form. If you have questions, call Grayson Bauer at 970.925.5756.
- 48-hours notice recommended for tour reservations. If you call after 5pm, your call will be returned by 9am the following business day.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of scheduled tour may be charged 50% of the tour cost. Cancellations made 24-hours prior to or day-of scheduled tour may be charged the full amount of the tour cost.
- Tours led by a certified interpretive Naturalist.
Tours made possible through a partnership between ACES, Ashcroft Ski Touring/Pine Creek Cookhouse, and the White River National Forest (USFS).