Picnic Mondays: Weekly Membership Dinners
Introducing Weekly Membership Dinners!
This summer, ACES’ members are invited to bring a picnic dinner and dine on the nature preserve of Hallam Lake on Monday nights.
Each year, we celebrate our members and kick off the summer season with ACES' Picnic on the Preserve. This year, we welcome our members to enjoy evenings on the preserve all summer long in small groups on Monday nights from 5 - 8PM through September 14th.
Note: There will be no Picnic Monday on Monday, September 7th. Bonus Day just added: Monday, September 14th!
ACES members can make reservations for up to five people. Check-in will run from 5PM - 5:45PM at the South Patio gate. Guests are invited to participate in an optional nature walk from 7:15PM -7:45PM. The preserve will close at 8PM. Please follow the guidelines outlined on our website.
Because of our limited capacity this summer, we hope you and your family take this opportunity to enjoy one evening of our limited summer picnic series.
Not yet a member? Join or renew your membership today to attend this and other member opportunities throughout the summer!
We want to say a special thank you to the community who have believed in this organization for a decade or longer of our 50-year history! A full list can be found here.
ACES will continue to follow public health ordinances to keep our visitors safe. In addition to social distancing and public health best practices, ACES also strives to maintain the highest quality wildlife habitat at Hallam Lake as a bridge to nature for our guests.
To that end, please note:
- ACES will have one bathroom open in the Visitor Center. The Lab and Classroom will be closed. Please plan accordingly to minimize social contact.
- Please leave your amplified music at home. A nature chorus will be provided at the preserve.
- Please leave any shared games (frisbee, cornhole, spikeball, etc.) at home.
- Please practice “leave no trace” ethics. Whatever you pack in, please plan to pack out.
- Please stay on trails.
- Please use compostable / reusable silverware and containers rather than single-use plastics.
- Please leave your furry companions at home!
Please sit in designated areas:
- Platforms (teaching, river, meditation, and marsh)
- Hawk's mound aka “South Meadow” (Please avoid congregating on the South Patio to maintain social distance)
- Fire Pit
- Picnic meadow
ACES' Picnic Mondays are made possible thanks to our Presenting Sponsor:
Please contact Ali Hager, ACES Events and Donor Outreach Manager at [email protected] with any questions about this event or your membership status.